I've been having a real tough time keeping up with my blogging duties lately - sorry about that. The good news is, however, that I have been busy making progress on this project. I had the last three weeks free from my "day job" and got quite a bit done including the installation of the biggest of the windows and much "stuffing" of insulation. So, now that things are cooling off again a little, I hope to get back to some semblance of regular posting!
 |
| What I like to do on my "holidays". |
Treetop Flyer - Stephen Stills
A home fit for an eco-friendly King and Queen -and Prince of course.
ReplyDeleteHa, Duncan, is that you?
DeleteI like your pseudonym.
Is he the bloke who wears the funny hat?
DeleteCareful now, I've got photos of that funny hat that could potentially end up on the internet ;-)
ReplyDeleteI've never worn Duncan's hat.
ReplyDeleteWell you should try it on sometime Jeff, it would probably look good on you.
ReplyDeleteIf you like it, you could get yourself a similar one for your next visit ;-)
I very much look forward to it Lucas. The house looks tremendous; a true labour of love. Keep up the stirling work. (I'll pass on the hat suggestion).
ReplyDeleteHi Lucas,
ReplyDeleteWhen I visited your house in May, as soon as I turned off the highway, I could see the roof looming over the trees on the hillside about a kilometre away. You must feel very proud and inspired by that sight every night when you return home.
A couple of months ago, you mentioned that laying out the roof and the steel was a challenge. How and why did you decide on such an unusual roof layout?
Jim
It's funny you mention the roof like that Jim, Jess and I were just talking about the same thing the other day.
ReplyDeleteWhen the sun is right, the reflection off the roof is like a beacon that can be seen from (literally) miles away.
I am proud of what I've been able to pull off so far with this project, but I've always found that it doesn't do to get to cocky in life - every time I ever have, the universe always found a way to humble me again.
As far as the roof layout though, I think the cladding system is (although unusual) pretty straight forward in application.
The biggest part of the roofing challenge was the fact that I did it single handed - had I had a crew of capable hands with me at the time I`m sure the roofing would have been much less of a challenge.
Anyway, hope you`ve gotten all settled in out west now, and your cat is leaving you somewhere to sit ;-)
Cockney Rebel,
ReplyDeleteMy guess is that you are Rachel - final answer ;-)
Or maybe Richard or Anthony?
Bah!
Pseudonyms...