Thursday, September 6, 2012

Framing the sunroom - part 1 revisted... again.

In the same vein as my last post, this post is in response to another new detail - at the sunroom [exterior] wall top and bottom plates.


There was just a little more I wanted to show regarding one of the points that I revisited in the last post:

Since the roof over the sunroom also serves as a portion of the deck, it is by necessity very low slope (~1 1/4" over 14') - some minimal slope was provided to prevent water backing up against the house. The roof joist bays are to be ventilated to provide better drying potential.

Here is the other end of the joists showing how each joist bay is ventilated. The depth of the joist bays doesn't allow for a lot of insulation (I might be able to get as much as R30 in the sunroom ceiling) but the sunroom is unheated so superinsulation does not necessarily seem that important here.

Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) - Arcade Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment